Thursday 1 March 2018

All About Me and My Blog


All About Me & My Blog.
A 'get to know me' and what to expect from my Blog.

Hello and welcome to my blog.

I'm Karen, I'm 48 *groan* Mum to 4 boys (age from 12-23), and happily married to Will.
Although Liverpool born and bred I now live in a quiet farming village in Lancashire UK and I love it, it has been such a lovely place for my boys to grow up in.

We have three dogs (two Whippets, Dotty & Viv and a Cocker Spaniel called Meg).
We also have a Muscovy duck called chicken! (too many) bantam chickens ( if you can ever have too many!)  two geckos, and two ponies, Rosie and her daughter Brodie who we bred ourselves.
So as you can see we have quite a menagerie and lots of mouths to feed!

I used to work for myself running my own Market Garden business with Will from 2004 till 2013 (which is when I first hurt my back - which I will share how in a separate blog post) and I also had a little part time job in the local corner store, but now I am no longer able to work after a simple back procedure last year went wrong, I had a selective nerve root block injection, something I had had done for four years as I have a nasty herniated disc, unfortunately when administering the injection the doctor went a little too deep and damaged my nerve root. This has left me with paresthesia in my left foot, which has affected my mobility and caused chronic nuropathic pain.

This is another reason for starting my blog, its something to keep me busy as I no longer get out of the house much and one day rolls into another and slowly you start to go insane!!

In our busy lives we often wish for a week of being at home with your feet up doing absolutely nothing... be careful what you wish for because it isn't what its cracked up to be!!

I hope to blog about my things that I have experienced in life, and share the ups and downs of such experiences and hope I can help others going through the same.

Unfortunately I have been a victim of domestic violence, lost a parent to a terminal illness, cared for my Grandmother who had dementia and I've gone through a divorce with two small children.

And of course I have also given birth to and brought up my boys so I will share my parenting tips and hacks to being a Mum of 4.

I have also witnessed a birth, my friend asked me to be her birthing partner. To witness her little girls birth was so emotional a amazing and something I will never forget.



And then there is all the animals, they always give me lots to blog about.

You can see from the picture my dogs are never far away, this is whats happening while I write my blog - Dotty snuggled in the crook of my arm!

They do call Whippets velcro dogs as they stick to you.. like velcro!!


There is also my crafty makes which I will share with you. I love to make cards and gifts for people, I always think something homemade is extra special than something bought off the shelf.

My blog will hopefully lead to regular uploads on my You Tube channel. i have just got to get a bit more confidence up. I have however posted my first ever vlog... I am really bad at it, but hopefully I will get better at it in time - well we all have to start somewhere!!

In case you would like to watch it here, click  HERE to go to my channel. Please subscribe, I only have 7 subs - boo!!

So from domestic violence to making mothers day gifts, I will be sharing it all with you.

You can also follow my life in pictures on Instagram  @karens_life_adventures and you can follow on  Facebook too.


Karen xx
 










No comments:

Post a Comment